Ship Shak on the River
Size –1 Bathroom 1 Bath • Sleeps 1-2
Stay “inside the box", at our unique 20' shipping container. This studio space boasts gorgeous sweeping views of the Tuckasegee river. You may not want to leave the sounds and views of the river, even with charming downtown Bryson City less than one mile away and the entrance to the Great Smokies National Park with its walking trails and waterfalls only minutes away!
Set on a beautiful river view property, our Shipping Container Studio home is the perfect location for your Bryson City getaway. Watch the river go by from the comfortable chairs on the covered porch or fire pit area. The Great Smoky Mountains train, a scenic passenger train ride, also passes by a couple of times per day!
Step inside the Ship Shak to discover a well appointed space, while small, has all the touches you expect: a queen bed, kitchenette, flat screen internet TV, and a spacious bathroom with a shower.
What to Bring:
coffee for drip coffee pot
*We provide a starter amount of toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags etc. These are meant to last a day or two. If you're booking a longer stay, you will want to bring more of these items.
* The kitchenette is equipped with dishes, utensils toaster oven, microwave, hot plate and some cookware.
*New queen mattress installed January 2023:)
*Updated hot system as of Spring 2023 to provide longer showers ;)
The best way to be in touch with us is through the platform messaging center, but we are available via text or phone. Access for the Ship Shak Container home is through keypad door lock and allows for check in after hours.
Ship Shak is located in the town of Bryson City but feels more remote and removed from town life. You have access to Deep Creek, which is part of the Smoky Mountains National Park, in minutes. AND! this location is less than a mile to the heart of downtown Bryson City. It's really the best of both worlds! The house is located on the Tuckaseegee River with the Smoky Mountain Scenic Railroad and Old River Road fronting the property. Guests enjoy watching the tourist train pass by, especially in November and December when it's decorated for the Polar Express! Old River road is also a great resource offering prime river access or take a leisure walk down the long dirt road!
Getting Around: We recommend driving. Biking and walking into town are options. Be aware that there are not sidewalks between the house and town. However, people do walk this section along the side of the road. Traffic can be heavy along this stretch of road and the side of the road isn't well maintained.
1. We have smart television which allows you to login to your favorite internet streaming provider. We do provide You Tube TV service or you can watch the TV Plus app for free without a login.
2. We do allow 1 dog for a fee. Please read and adhere to our pet rules while staying in our house. Once you add your dog to the guest count, the pet fee will be displayed in the summary of charges. We have strick pet rules: No dogs on the furniture/bed(s) for any reason. No dogs running loose on our property. Pickup dog waste. Hair found on furniture or in linens will incur an addition charge beyond the pet fee.
3. The kitchenette has a microwave, toaster oven and hot plate for cooking inside. The fire pit area outside contains a small charcoal grill and grilling grate that swings over the fire pit for cooking. You'll just need to bring along charcoal and firewood to complete the experience!
4. The Great Smoky Mountains railway runs in front of the property. This is a scenic tourist train that runs during the day/evening/early night and is a big reason why people visit Bryson City. It does not run during the night when people generally are sleeping.
5. There are two other vacation rental dwellings on this property. Each house has its own private outdoor space.
Traveling with others? Check out our other homes located on this property.
*Time Flies on The River
Looking for something within walking distance to Town? Check out our downtown properties:
*Bryson City Tiny House
*The Bryson City Flat
Going tubing on Deep Creek?? Come see us at Deep Creek Lodge and Creekside Tubing! We are located directly on the park boundary at 1881 Deep Creek Rd. We offer tubing, food, ice, firewood, ice cream, bike rentals, Outpost store and a tubing discount for any of our Airbnb guests :). Tubing runs from Memorial Day to labor day.
Rates & Availability
Cancellation Policy: One hundred percent (100.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 30 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. Fifty percent (50.00%) of the total booking charges will be refunded if the cancellation is made more than 15 days prior to the arrival date of the reservation. For cancellations made within 15 days prior to the arrival date, no refund will be issued.
About the Owner
We are a small group of business partners in the trade of construction, long term and vacation rentals. Everything we offer, we also designed, built and manage ourselves :) This area drew us here as teenagers where we "lived the good life" as white water rafting guides, kayakers and avid mountain bikers. I guess you could say, we kinda FOUND ourselves here and never left. What a grand adventure we embarked on all those years ago... one that led to lifelong friendships! Our children were born here and are close friends as well. This area has been good to us and for us. We work hard but also make time to LIV! After all, what do we have besides this moment? Liv! Life In Vacation MODE
Bryson City, North Carolina
|Property Type||Shipping Container|
|Check-In||A keypad is available 24 hours a day to provide entry for guests|
|Setting & View||
|Sports & Adventure||